Things have been in full throttle to onething09 around here, which, in part, explains my blog silence. I’m hoping to get my weekly posts back in gear come January.
I just wanted to drop a couple of quick updates before the craziness hits tomorrow — kind of a “What’s up” as well as a “What’s on my heart”:
- If by some phenomenally small chance you read this blog, but don’t also keep up with IHOP-KC local news, please keep the Loux family in your prayers. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, please click over to their blog and read about. And seriously, also pray about giving to them at this time (info on the right side of their blog).
- I fully expect this conference to be amazing. I expect the Lord to show up in powerful ways and touch many hearts. Please pray that He delivers many from depression, condemnation, self-hatred, and fear, that they may be free on the inside to give 100% to the Lord in confident love and obedience.
- Especially coming, as it does, right after Christmas, I feel a tremendous burden for our conference attendees to become firmly convinced in the identity and nature of Jesus. There is so much deception in the media today concerning who Jesus is, what He’s like, and how He saves us. I believe this onething09 will be a line in the sand for many, where they have the opportunity to break agreement with the lies of the spirit of this age. I believe many will be awakened to the importance of knowing Christ and Him crucified — Christ, the wisdom of God and power of God, whom the rulers of this age could not comprehend.
- At onething09, I will be at the eSchool booth most days in the afternoons and evenings. If you read this blog, stop in and say hi! And maybe sign up for a course or two! (Insider information: we have some reduced prices for onething09 attendees. Rock on.)
- A lot of us at IHOP-KC have been battling various rounds of “the crud” since — oh, I don’t know — October, maybe. Please pray for us, especially as many of us give super long hours to working at the conference, that we would be strengthened and healthy.
- If you can’t come to Kansas City this year, let Kansas City come to you (so to speak). Go to www.ihop.org and look for the banners advertising onething09 for streaming and notes.
- Starting in January, the IHOP-KC webstream will be free. Yes, completely free. Meaning you can hop on the internet and watch the prayer room at any time. Pretty awesome.
- Speaking of free, and of awesome, Mike Bickle has a new website up with all kinds of resources — sermons, podcasts, study notes, transcriptions and more — all for free. Check it: mikebickle.org
I think that’s it for now — but I hope you had a great Christmas, and hope you get to join us either locally or online for onething09.