So I don’t have much to say, but I did want to drop by with a couple of points I’ve been gleaning from this fast:
- I like eating. I like it more than I actually need it.
- I also (gasp) kind of like fasting. That’s not in a, “Oh boy, this is so much fun, I wish I never had to eat again” way. Rather, it’s in a way that says, “It’s nice to actually put the brakes on for a few weeks and not have to think about what I’m eating, when I’m eating, where I’m getting money to eat, or whether I should be eating better — just pray and actually focus on getting breakthrough in my heart”.
- I don’t like being weak. Perhaps more appropriately put, I don’t like acknowledging and dealing with my weakness. But I know it’s worth it.
- If you read Isaiah 40-66 and don’t walk away thinking that God is really, really merciful, you need to go back and read it again. Especially in the 50’s.
- God has practically bent over backwards to reveal Himself to us. He’s not distant — I just tend to be pretty dull.
- My roommates are amazing, and I am so grateful I have people to run with in this.
- God is really kind and patient with me.
- God is really good at highlighting what it is in my heart that we need to work on.
- God is faithful to give grace to those who ask Him for it.
Day 20 is over. Halfway there! Keep pressing in with what you have determined in your heart to do for this season.