Well, I seem to be in this spot again… on the eve of my 1pm meeting, I’m not managing to get to sleep in good time. So it seemed only fitting for me to log on and ramble a little bit about some random stuff.
- I’m having a birthday soon. It’s kind of snuck up on me this year. I haven’t exactly been looking forward to it, or even conscious of the fact it’s coming… I just kind of looked at the calendar and went, “Hey… wait a minute.” It’s caused me to take stock of this past year and what God has been doing with my life. Which has been a LOT. I would have to say that this has been my most stretching, challenging year of life yet. There are a remarkable number of really intense things that have happened to me since my last birthday. I won’t bore you all with the entire list, but I’ve been making a mental list for my own benefit. Let’s just say that I feel a bit more justified about the emotional roller-coaster I’ve been riding. God has been absolutely faithful every step of the way, and I couldn’t ask for Him to lead me more gently. But I’m also looking forward to next year being, perhaps, a bit less eventful in some ways. 🙂
- IHOP is getting ready to have a birthday, too. In two weeks, we’re having our 8th anniversary of when we officially went 24/7. Eight years. Wow. Eight years ago IHOP-KC met in a trailer. There were not enough people on staff to keep full-blown worship teams going around the clock. There were not enough people on staff to fill up the first few rows of the room around the clock. It would be a small handful of folks in a little room with bad accoustics and nasty green carpet. Now it’s in a real building, with cameras and lights, enough people on stage to keep full teams going nonstop, and enough people in the room to sometimes make it difficult to find a seat. For eight solid years, prayer and worship has been rising before the throne of God from our little outpost in Kansas City. Who but our brilliant God could pull off something like this?
- To celebrate our 8-year anniversary, we’re going to have a picnic in a local park, with all of our staff and interns invited. There’s going to be lots of bring-and-share food, and fun games (and time in the sunlight, praise the Lord!). It will be a blast. With the wonderful Molly Mosack heading up the event, I know it’s going to be way too much fun. There’s no way it could fail to be. 🙂
- Our NightWatch babies just keep getting cuter every day. The two little guys who are on my worship team are absolutely adorable. And baby #3 is due very, very soon (our first NightWatch girl! Fun fun). We do have a fourth baby on the NightWatch, who I don’t know very well, but who also slays me with cuteness every time I see him. I absolutely love that we’re getting entire families on the nights.
- I’m going to be working at the conference this weekend. It will be the first time I’ve worked at a conference this year. My schoolyear was so crazy in the early months that I took every conference as an opportunity for homework catch-up. It’s kind of nice to be able to jump back into the normal work schedule. If all goes as planned, I’ll be doing registration in the afternoon/evening.
- One p.m. is only about five hours away. There’s a meeting then. That’s not good. Oh well.
So with that randomness taken care of, it’s high time to try to get to sleep again…