- It’s ironic that we celebrate our freedom by making the entire neighborhood sound like it’s under attack.
- South Kansas City-ians are way into fireworks. It’s insane. I thought it couldn’t get any more intense than the Okies I used to live around. It can. It does. It did last night.
- It was cool to see the sky lit up with fireworks — sparkling, glittering explosions with thunderous reports. However, I couldn’t help but think that this was all going to look really, really lame when the sky gets lit up by an entirely different Light to the sound of a trumpet…
- No matter how fancy our technology gets — iPods, Wii, HDTV — no matter how advanced and civilized we consider ourselves to be, we all still like toodling outside at night to watch things explode. Just a quick reality check.
- I thought about our nation’s independence differently today than I have ever done in the past. As I was watching fireworks blow up in the sky, I thought of Daniel 2:20-22… “[God] removes kings and raises up kings.” Our nation’s existence is not primarily due to the colonial rebellion, but the sovereignty of God. Selah.