I’m glad God knows what I really need and want in my life. It was just occurring to me tonight how I have made such goofy decisions about what I did and did not want in life, what I was and was not called to… and it’s funny how many of them were totally opposite of how He’s led me. And I love how He’s leading me! I thought I’d throw together a list…
Assumption 1: I thought everyone was off their rocker who ever gave me a prophetic word about teaching and preaching.
– God’s plan: I just graduated the Apostolic Preaching Program.
Assumption 2: I thought I would never do any further schooling beyond high school.
– God’s plan: Uh… I just graduated the Apostolic Preaching Program.
Assumption 3: I figured I would always and only be a freelance writer, because I couldn’t bear the idea of having a monthly deadline.
– God’s plan: I’m now a writer and content manager for the Source… which gets updated weekly.
Assumption 4: I thought I could never be a leader of anything other than a dance team.
– God’s plan: Core leading, prayer leading, section leadership team, prayer room team leading… and I wish I could say that it doesn’t still kind of freak me out from time to time…
Assumption 5: I thought I would never move out of my parents’ house till I was married.
– God’s leading: I was up here for my first track of FITN two weeks before I turned eighteen, and didn’t ever move back home…
Assumption 6: I thought I would never move to Kansas City long term.
– God’s plan: I have been here for almost four years now, with no intention of going anywhere any time soon.
So the moral of the story is that God is really, really good at what He does. And if you love Him, you’re going to have to work awfully hard to get away from His good, perfect, and pleasing will for your life…